PetSmart sold for 8.7 billion to BC Partners

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Went to my local petsmart here. Found out they are selling Electric blue acara there for $24.99. At my lfs about year ago where I bought my eba from for $40. Not bad for petsmart.
Someone probably made a mistake with the pricing and will likely lose their job when they are found out.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
In my town there are two Petsmarts within 10 miles of each other. One's fish department is smaller but prestine. The larger Petsmart usually always have dead fish everywhere and covered in fungus, so you know they have been there for a while.

It's amazing how the two can differ so much.

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
How much around your area do electric blue acara go for? I know different states have different prices for certain fish.

Sent from my XT1096 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I know next to nothing about African cichlids, but I'm assuming this is the one you are referring to. It's listed as $23.99 for the normal price: Electric Blue African Cichlid

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
All my local PetSmart stores have reduced the size of their fish selection and streamlined the dry goods as well. I know one of the dept managers and he said the reduction in tanks was due to parts availability for their previous filtration systems and that they changed over to smaller central units.

My local Petco have fresh and salt, but crappy selection. I just check their tanks for anything interesting that's mislabeled that slipped in on their regular shipments.

Electric Blue Acaras around here are only bringing around $20 at the LFS's I frequent.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store