NEVER release an aquarium fish into the wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
A couple of snakeheads were found in my local river, scared the bejesus out of biologists. Haven't heard anything else about it in about a year though.
Thats exactly why thet are unfortunately banned...and also their reputation that they crawl on shore and kill people.

RyanS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2006
Minnesota
You can catch P. bass in your back yard? That is awesome! And that totally sucks ass. Jewel Cichlids? That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. People are so irresponsible. Next thing you know, I will have a python bite me in the ass this summer in Minnesota. :swear:

When my mom was younger, an alligator was caught in Lake Phalen. (Thats in East St. Paul if you didn't know)

Also, just saw on the news, a baby alligator was found in St. Louis. :swear:

I've never understood why people let fish go. I'm positive that they know damn well that they shouldn't do it.

Mr.Geoff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2004
St.Louis
wheni catch non-natives they get tossed up onto the bank. or if i have a way to transport, they go to the LFS

Geordie John

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
North East England
I'm just stiring thoughts and trying to get another posting to see the pictures I haven't got access to.
BUT
England only had 32 pos. 33 native species of tree ,youl find over 33 different Genus in any cemetery or hospital ground now never mind parks. Our native wildlife ,fresh water and terestial has only survived through adapting to mans management including introducing sporting and food fish.I'm behind you all not wanting to have non natives or inapropriate introductions ( do gooders over hear releasing mink have destroyed some ecosystems) BUT if I win the lottery my estate will be full of unwanted predators for me to hunt and enjoy and when I'm to old I'll enjoy seeing them turn the table on my neighbours .It would be alot more enjoyable than watching pollution ,global warming and mismanagement by large corporations out to score a few points advertising their false care for conservation .
Just joking !!
Geordie John.:WHOA:

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
I'm just stiring thoughts and trying to get another posting to see the pictures I haven't got access to.
BUT
England only had 32 pos. 33 native species of tree ,youl find over 33 different Genus in any cemetery or hospital ground now never mind parks. Our native wildlife ,fresh water and terestial has only survived through adapting to mans management including introducing sporting and food fish.I'm behind you all not wanting to have non natives or inapropriate introductions ( do gooders over hear releasing mink have destroyed some ecosystems) BUT if I win the lottery my estate will be full of unwanted predators for me to hunt and enjoy and when I'm to old I'll enjoy seeing them turn the table on my neighbours .It would be alot more enjoyable than watching pollution ,global warming and mismanagement by large corporations out to score a few points advertising their false care for conservation .
Just joking !!
Geordie John.:WHOA:
Geordie, you my kind of person! :lol2: but if you release animals into your "property" after you win the lotto is not releasing them into the wild but intoyour private property. If I lived in a warm climate all year round, I would have an acre lake and release all my fish in there. California is not warm enough in the winter time. 55 degree water is kinda cold for all tropicals.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
When my mom was younger, an alligator was caught in Lake Phalen. (Thats in East St. Paul if you didn't know)

Also, just saw on the news, a baby alligator was found in St. Louis. :swear:

I've never understood why people let fish go. I'm positive that they know damn well that they shouldn't do it.
It's the easy way out. I just picked up 100 lbs of garbage on the MN river, along black dog road because people are too lazy to pick up after themselves. I think the penalty for littering in a Federal Wildlife Preserve should be death by ewurm.

Geordie John

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
North East England
Dear Ewurm,
fly into any U.K. airport and you will be shocked at the litter you see its always the first thing I notice.it isnt viable for farmers to manage the land unles its intensive ,the hunts ,part of our heritage ,who did alot of conservation work have been banned and quarries have became an investment as landfill sights .Then you have the sublifes who think its their right to wander anywere lighting fires and dropping litter and when / if they are caught arnt fined as they have no income. I would love to hunt them with you.
All the best,
G.J.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Dear Ewurm,
fly into any U.K. airport and you will be shocked at the litter you see its always the first thing I notice.it isnt viable for farmers to manage the land unles its intensive ,the hunts ,part of our heritage ,who did alot of conservation work have been banned and quarries have became an investment as landfill sights .Then you have the sublifes who think its their right to wander anywere lighting fires and dropping litter and when / if they are caught arnt fined as they have no income. I would love to hunt them with you.
All the best,
G.J.
Welcome to MFK! Death to litterbugs, and anyone who throws cigarette butts out a car window. Have you seen the side of the road lately?

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
I'm with you on that. I went to a nearby lake to enjoy the scenery last week and saw cans bottles etc. strewn everywhere. I really don't know why people just throw their litter down on the ground where they stand, I mean, how much freakin' extra effort does it take to properly dispose of a soda can? NOOOOO, I'll throw it in the lake:swear:
I will happily join your efforts to abuse those who litter ewurm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store