Help with identifying ray infectuon

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
So I have divided and have been treating with Pimafix for 5 days. I don't want to use anything too harsh if I don't have to. Her body still has some fungal looking marks on her that don't look like there has been any improvement but she did eat two pieces of tilapia tonight. The first time in almost 2 weeks.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
So I have divided and have been treating with Pimafix for 5 days. I don't want to use anything too harsh if I don't have to. Her body still has some fungal looking marks on her that don't look like there has been any improvement but she did eat two pieces of tilapia tonight. The first time in almost 2 weeks.
Thats good...she is def getting stressed by something in that tank... The marks do they look like scrapes or growths?

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I would have to agree with most others have said. I would worry most about stressors or water quality . Since divided are the spots in question getting any better? Also the pictures maybe helpful. did she eat again today?

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
I would have to agree with most others have said. I would worry most about stressors or water quality . Since divided are the spots in question getting any better? Also the pictures maybe helpful. did she eat again today?
I paged DR Charney and he responded!!!! #thefishdoctor

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
How is she doing? I still wonder if it is stress related. She still eating? The lesions getting worse? Anything new in the tanks or last few months?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
She is active and eating small amounts. She still looks lousy though. But must be getting better because for two weeks she didn't eat anything and didn't really move much

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
She is active and eating small amounts. She still looks lousy though. But must be getting better because for two weeks she didn't eat anything and didn't really move much
Sounds like she is coming around. I would give her more time and keep up with the wcs.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
Is it towards the middle of the disc and the base of the tail? looks like a white haze?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store