New RTC x Paroon Hybrid

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Well I am currently in thailand! You can inquire upon that on my latest blog entry XD, but I am getting updates that "piglet" as the lady has named my fish isn't growing ultra fast like a normal rtc. I am confused as to she is in a 180. She's eating on the surface as well eating Hikari gold. As well as massivore. I am quite intrigued by this as I have only had pure bread RTCs. I will play with her diet once I arrive back in the states. Any thoughts?
Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Reactions: M3AN ONE

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Well I am currently in thailand! You can inquire upon that on my latest blog entry XD, but I am getting updates that "piglet" as the lady has named my fish isn't growing ultra fast like a normal rtc. I am confused as to she is in a 180. She's eating on the surface as well eating Hikari gold. As well as massivore. I am quite intrigued by this as I have only had pure bread RTCs. I will play with her diet once I arrive back in the states. Any thoughts?
Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Its all that paroon blood in em...most all the pangasis type species are known for being extremly slow growing in most cases. Never owned a true paroon but id guess its that half slowing down his growth rate compared to a full blood rtc. You dont see giant paroons in aquaria too often, 3'ers sure...but thats not huge in my eyes lol...theres always hybrid vigor, but im sure every hybrid type doesnt blow up quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'd think paroons should grow fast, kind of like IDS (with a known and discussed caveat) since both are farmed for food in SE Asia. Giant Mekong Catfish is one of the champions of the growth rate reaching 150-200 kg in 6 years.

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Its all that paroon blood in em...most all the pangasis type species are known for being extremly slow growing in most cases. Never owned a true paroon but id guess its that half slowing down his growth rate compared to a full blood rtc. You dont see giant paroons in aquaria too often, 3'ers sure...but thats not huge in my eyes lol...theres always hybrid vigor, but im sure every hybrid type doesnt blow up quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I was thinking something along these lines, but expected at least a better growth rate then my golden Mahseers lmao I have been gone a month and they all grew a quarter inch; but hey you know I am a goonch guy!

I'd think paroons should grow fast, kind of like IDS (with a known and discussed caveat) since both are farmed for food in SE Asia. Giant Mekong Catfish is one of the champions of the growth rate reaching 150-200 kg in 6 years.
Yea =/ not sure I havent had anyone else with one give me feedback.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Looks like you are "it", bro. You report, we learn. Keep up your end of the contract :)

Jurassic Aquatics, Mike Sema, IIRC.
Yea I got it from Mike :) Hes a great guy to work with and a pleasure to do business with! if he has any in stock shoot him a PM!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store