texas cichlid tankmate(s)

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
ever had one long anuff to know how they behave or truly act if not you are also talking out your butt just saying.
I had a Texas with a Black Shark and plecos since they were 2 inches. In the first two years there was never a single mark on any of the plecos or Black Shark(even though the Texas would chase the Shark(which was 13inches)). Woke up one morning and the Black Shark was all beat to hell(and dead)...within a few short weeks later the 15 inch pleco was dead(also beat to hell).

As the other poster said...it is not the norm for a peaceful Texas

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I never said they where peaceful u have to get fish that can hold there own also if there is a small tank 55 65 75 then there going to he allot more aggression then if there in a 200g plus tank mine have never been that agressive and I have 2 in the same tank with angle fish so I guess every fish is different but there no where as aggressive as red devil's or flower horns it also seems there much more aggressive around the 4-6 inch size for some reason, mines 8-9 inches and there def not bullys Imo. Allot of factors go into aggression water temp ph things like do play a role in how your fish behave

qwerty1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2012
Ontario
I forgot to add that I just added him to the 55 gallon tank, and hes still really nervous.
After measuring him properly, hes just 3 inches.
Im not looking for people to sit here and argue, just a simple suggestion.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Im not looking for people to sit here and argue, just a simple suggestion.
My suggestion is unless you put another fish of equal aggression in with him. Keep him by himself, but then you get into a issue of having proper space or constant fighting

760fishaddict

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2014
yucca valley
I dont mean to argue I would put a 5 inch oscar or a 4 inch jack in there if u plan on upgrading in 8 months then they will not get to big for that tank in that time but eventually they will, good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store