fishroom build and 800 gallon tropical pond

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm south Manchester Altrincham , Wigan's not to far I'm over that way sometimes on jobs , or visiting pier aquatics :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Yeah i know where you are not too far, pier aquatics is my lfs its where i get most of my fish, i go every couple of weeks to check what they have because they always have something rare, a few weeks ago they had a vampire fish but that would be the end of all my fish, i was tempted though, it was £75 at about 2". Next time u visit pier aquatics head over to leigh and check out amazon aquatics, its smaller but they sometimes have some nice fish in stock at really good prices, i got a 18" plec for £20 from them.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Its hard to come away without a new fish from pier lol could spend and spend in that place :D I'll check out that other shop when I'm next over there cheers mate , what stock are you keeping forgot to ask ? My mate runs world of water timperly so if there was anything you were after (and pier haven't got ) I could get him to order stock in , they also have great stock plenty of rare stuff comes in weekly (I'm in there daily though lol so I always get first picks out of batches ;):D)
Im not sure there's many of us mfk's are up north your probably the closest to me liam is near us too he's always getting cool catfish from Wigan and wharf aquatics

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Cheers for that il keep that in mind then if i need anything thanks. Ive not heard of that place il have to check it out, yeah i hardly come back empty handed from pier. Ive got a 16" giant gourami, 2x 10" tiger oscars, 2x paroon sharks one about 8" ones growing a lot faster maybe 10" now, 3 plecs, a rtc now about 6", and a few others which will be going in the pond, should have enough space for a couple of years by then the paladurium should be done.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Wow great job on the waterfall matt especially for a first attempt and that budget :thumbup: I'm impressed. I'm following your build because once I get myself out of rented house I'm building something similar (buying a house with either garage or cellar without a doubt ) then I can get rid of the four tanks and maybe just have a pond and a grow out tank for smaller stuff , at first I was thinking big plywood with viewing window but your build has got me thinking and seeing as your in the UK my costing etc would be similar
If you ever need anything from world of water just give me a shout I'll get you hooked up , they usually have stock listing on aquatics classified in the Cheshire section

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england
Cheers thanks a lot, yeh i was also going to build a plywood tank but its just a bit too expensive, when you think of all the extras like acrylic and fiberglass etc its ends up double the price, this pond so far is
£120 concrete
£40 timber
£75 liquid rubber
£30 insulation
So for £265 thats everything for 6x4x2.5 and 2x2x1.5 ponds. It would cost nearly that just for the marine ply and timber for the stand. Plus i like all the plants and rocks looks more realistic but id recommend a window. The mould is now off so im going to upload the latest progress.

mattman9000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2014
manchester, england

I know theres a few blow holes in the concrete but its where i had to leave it after damaging my eye but il fill those with thick cement and smooth it all, shouldnt be seen when 4 layers of rubber paint is on.

jamesdecruz

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2009
uk
hay Mattman

Did you use any steels in the walls of you're pond
Ps i hate you,i have wanted to do this for a long time but like danny i'm in a rented house so can't .What i wanted to do was to build a pond like yours but have a window in the front and a 2' wide land area for my mudskipper(s) at the back
pps i'm in Fleetwood so your not the only northerners on here lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store