Aussie Lung Legality in the U.S. of A. . . ?

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Why don't you guys in the US arrange a group buy? I have done three imports to Canada this way over the years, had no problems at all. You just need someone in the group who can be trusted to collect the cash, place the order, clear customs and trans-ship the fish if needed. AUL's are quite hardy and not too hard to trans-ship.
I read about your last one. It went well!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
All three orders went well. I imported from the fellow who currently owns the breeding operation in Australia as well as the guy he bought it from a few years ago. The fish have always arrived in great condition, no health issues at all. I am raising up one of the AUL from last year's import; it is at about 18 inches now in a 300 gallon Marineland tank. I will post up some photos one day.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
Why don't you guys in the US arrange a group buy? I have done three imports to Canada this way over the years, had no problems at all. You just need someone in the group who can be trusted to collect the cash, place the order, clear customs and trans-ship the fish if needed. AUL's are quite hardy and not too hard to trans-ship.
The problem is trust. Few years ago a vendor mentioned in few posts above imported around 20 pieces due to high demand. He only asked for $650 each with 50% prepaid, the rest when fish arrived. Well, he sold 5 or 6 prepaid (2 of those went to me) another 3-4 after they arrived, and stuck with the other half of the shipment for 1+ year. I got his last 3 at 18"-20" for $600 each, if my memory serves me correctly. You may see hundreds of WTB, but WTB doesn't mean SOLD.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Go nuts and buy the thing. Just use my address for security reasons.

There are no restrictions for selling AULs that have already entered the US. You don't need to chip AULs. The chip is solely for aussie authorities to ensure that only permitted specimens leave Australia.
Oddball did it again!
Some seller just put "rare" and all kind of crazy stuff next to the fish so he/she can charge some "affordable" price. The only thing that may take longer to import Aussie is you have to wait for the breeder to secure all required paperwork on his end, and mail you a copy so you can show to agent when asked. I have 9 from at least two different imports to the US but zero cert. I'm sure there's a chip in each of them, somewhere...

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
This, to many tire kickers, passer buyers, and what not.
I feel for all the vendors nowaday... Bring in all kind of fish that people asking just to end up with them for months

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store