When I thought I'd seen it all >:(

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
IIRC, long-term exposure to heavy metals like iron, nickel, etc. has been shown in a laboratory to cause immune system issues, tumors, etc. in fish. A few days won't matter, so don't worry, get a lock, and tell your little cousin you love him.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh I would have much to say...quite a bit.If the kid doesn't yet at eight years of age understand the concept of respecting the home and property of others then I'd have no problem explaining it all to him.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Oh I would have much to say...quite a bit.If the kid doesn't yet at eight years of age understand the concept of respecting the home and property of others then I'd have no problem explaining it all to him.
I 100% agree. But nowadays kids in my family are babied and I wouldn't have heard the end of it. If I was 8 years old and I did that to my grandpa's tank I would have got a whopping. Now a days at least in my fam, the kids just get told to say sorry and they think that's enough. Lol yeah I felt like scolding him with a lecture but again I would have never heard the end of it. Plus my family thinks fish are inferior to other pets so I didn't have much of a winning battle to fight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Were there any traces of white powder or a rolled up dollar bill on the top of the tank?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Understood but that's your home and respect is due,I was taught that at a younger age than your cousin is and he should know better.I don't let people's kids come into my home and just do whatever they want...family or guests and if the parents have an issue with it they don't have to come over.How the rest of your family feels about YOUR fish in YOUR home is irrelevant.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Understood but that's your home and respect is due,I was taught that at a younger age than your cousin is and he should know better.I don't let people's kids come into my home and just do whatever they want...family or guests and if the parents have an issue with it they don't have to come over.How the rest of your family feels about YOUR fish in YOUR home is irrelevant.
I'm 18. Not my home. So I can't exactly call all the shots but still I was very mad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
+1 Thankfully I'm lucky enough to have parent that understand fish are as much as pets as cats or dogs, even though neither are fish keepers.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm 18. Not my home. So I can't exactly call all the shots but still I was very mad.
OOPS!...I was under the impression that you were older and a homeowner.I can now fully appreciate the position you are in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store