Red Texas sites or breeders?

musc88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
Buffaol, New York
I'm in Buffalo NY. Is there and sites that sell juvie reds or anyone who breeds in the area? Not looking to pay $150+ for something bigger then I want to start with. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Kaliedoscope

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2010
Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA
www.facebook.com
I'm a breeder in Oklahoma City OK. I have some fish, but just so you know... since you said you are not looking to pay 150+ for a fish, don't expect to get a red one. The small yield and high cost involved in producing a fully faded red texas is what makes them expensive, so for a fully pearled fully red fish, 150 is a reasonable to low price depending on quality. in RT, you really get what you pay for. If you are wanting to get a single fish for cheap, buy fry. But you will still need to spend 200+ on fry to even have a chance of getting a full color fish. Honestly, the cheapest way you can get a nice RT (even including breeding your own, which is much more complicated than people think), is to just buy one.
What you're paying for is a year or two for the breeder of raising hundreds of fish, just to get you that one. So its a reasonable price.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store