Moldy Mealworms

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hi everyone. I don't mean that the mealworms have mold on them. Mealworms are the only live food that I feed to my fish. I always gut-load them with some spinach and carrots. I went away on business for 2 days and when I came back, the oatmeal that I keep them in was moldy because the area around the tank was a little humid. The mealworms were still alive so I'm wondering if it's still safe to feed my fish or would there be a problem because of the mold? Mealworms are cheap so I have no problem getting rid of them if they might make my fish sick. Thanks, Ed.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i would not take the chance and feed these.. just bits of the moldy oatmeal may be ingested along with the meal worm.. mold is definitly not good for fish.. and will cause sickness

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
i would not take the chance and feed these.. just bits of the moldy oatmeal may be ingested along with the meal worm.. mold is definitly not good for fish.. and will cause sickness
Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. At least mealworms are cheap and you can get them anywhere. Thanks.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Yeah, it's better to be safe than sorry. At least mealworms are cheap and you can get them anywhere. Thanks.
yes not worth the worry... :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store