Water stains are out of control

Petrella88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
Alright fellas this is a tank I have at one of the most popular restaurant/bars in the area and Im having trouble getting the water stains off the glass. Ive got the scrubbers, scrapers, magnets, brushes .... pretty much only works on the algea. The stains have got pretty bad so to avoid losing the contract I opted to put CLR on my blue scrubber brush and wring it out and then just do a nearly 100 percent change because I dont know how the turtles and fish will react to CLR.

So what are my options here guys? I just want this glass to stay clear and I dont want to spend 2 hours a week on this place. I used to just come here and hang upside down in the tank and scrub the algea off and be done.

Picture 10.pngPicture 13.pngPicture 15.png

Picture 10.png

Picture 13.png

Picture 15.png

Petrella88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
I hit it with CLR and its cleaner so Im going to do it on a monthly basis. Im just looking for an alternative to CLR and opinions on toxicity to the Red Ear Sliders (not entirely concerned about the fish as I have an abundance of convicts and can easily replace them at no cost)

KAWAMIKIE

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2010
New Jersey
Once you get the major stains off I would try doing your regular maintenance with vinegar.
CLR is going to kill the animals if it gets in the water.
I've used CLR to clean several tanks and glass tops but not with animals in them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store