Biology Project

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but my biology teacher gave us an assignment to do a report on an animal we like. I decided to do it on a species of monster fish, but I have no idea what species to choose. RTC’s or a South American Arowana were my first thought, but I want to hear some other suggestions. My only major stipulation is it has to be something uncommon, something that the average person has never heard of or seen. Thanks for the help!
Back in 7th grade we had a similar project. I did mine on Paraneetroplus Maculicauda (black belt cichlid) It was one of the few homework assignment I enjoyed. Hell, the only one I enjoyed or even did for that matter.

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
Umbriferum, Dovii, Buolengerochromis microlepsis, Red Tailed/Shovelnose cats/ cichla (peacock bass) crenicichla (pikes) and tons of others. Potomotrygon maybe?

joe5639

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
search up hydrolycus armatus,hoplias aimara, or you could talk about the freshwater moray eels that migrate between freshwater and salt.

sunfishh

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2008
Fullerton California
As a biology teacher myself I would enjoy a report on the Asian Arowana. You could talk about their natural history (where they live and what they eat ect). Next you could talk about their relationship with humans and how in some cultures they are considered good luck. Finally you could talk about their conservation status and efforts to restore natural populations.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lardieleftover

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2014
san diego
Ancient fish need love too, I'll never stop keeping polys!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store