How Do You Guys Feel About Animal Experimentation

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i forget the name of the person who said this, but he said something that made me think about it from a different perspective, but not sure how i feel about it

his thing was, would it be better to experiment on people that were severely disabled (mentally and in a wheelchair and have to be fed thru a tube and wear diapers) or people who are permanently comatose vs experimenting on animals?

his argument was that perfectly healthy animals are more self aware than those humans who may be severely disabled or comatose. so if you think about it like that, it kind of makes sense. for me it's just hard to get passed the fact that they are still human beings and it's hard for me to accept experimenting on humans at all

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
prob cheaper to pay moron people for the privilege of testing on them than buying monkeys lol!-) i bet theres loadsa muppets out there that would consider it for a pay check! smaller animals should be used then set free, if they make it through let em go and start fresh rather then them spending their whole life in a lab.

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com
Others have mentioned several problems with this, including that there's always the possibility that the person is innocent, but no one seems to have brought up the fact that it's not good science.
I am stealthy!

(One other person has, reply 20-21 or so; your post is spot-on)

Sent from my SGH-T699 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Every single one of us has benefited from medications that were tested on animals, for safety and efficacy. I dare to say several of us owe those medications our lives, be it antibiotics or cancer treatment, or at least daily comfort, be it arthritis or allergy medication. Anyone who has had knee or hip replacement, or cardiac bypass. Those procedures and the materials used, are first tested in animals.
All the people I have personally meet, who conduct research on animals, are highly responsible and caring.
It's like everywhere: there are a few black sheep who give an entire profession a bad name. A profession dedicated to helping people. And also helping animals, by the way. Veterinary drugs for your pets, vaccines, you name it.

I am grateful to those people, and to the animals as well.

Just my$0.02

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

heatherbeast

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2009
Atlanta, GA
heatherbeast.deviantart.com

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Every single one of us has benefited from medications that were tested on animals, for safety and efficacy. I dare to say several of us owe those medications our lives, be it antibiotics or cancer treatment, or at least daily comfort, be it arthritis or allergy medication. Anyone who has had knee or hip replacement, or cardiac bypass. Those procedures and the materials used, are first tested in animals.
All the people I have personally meet, who conduct research on animals, are highly responsible and caring.
It's like everywhere: there are a few black sheep who give an entire profession a bad name. A profession dedicated to helping people. And also helping animals, by the way. Veterinary drugs for your pets, vaccines, you name it.

I am grateful to those people, and to the animals as well.

Just my$0.02

I wanna see the response to this from people who oppose animal experimentation.

and if they or a loved one needed some medical procedure to save their life, would they refuse any medical attention that was a direct result of animal experimentation?

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
One of my ex roommate's first job was to monitor experimental pacemakers on open chested large dogs which was then euthanized after experimentation.

If you do not like this, I suggest boycott pacemakers, as all of them involve animal testing such as this.

I am not against animal testing; because the alternative is that people die.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
One of my ex roommate's first job was to monitor experimental pacemakers on open chested large dogs which was then euthanized after experimentation.

If you do not like this, I suggest boycott pacemakers, as all of them involve animal testing such as this.

I am not against animal testing; because the alternative is that people die.

Hello; I see your point. Can those that talk the talk also walk the walk? Can a person live and die by a personal code? Near to me, about five miles in Middlesborough KY, lived a preacher who headed a church and handled snakes. He was featured on a TV show at one time. A big timber rattler bit him one day. He passed. He stood by his beliefs and paid the cost.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
I still don't see why I can't prefer these were tested on humans. The question should he would you refuse these advances had they been tested on humans instead

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store