Status
Not open for further replies.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Not cop haters...How bout' this :idea:- DOG LOVERS
that doesn't stop some dog lovers from insulting all police officers just because of a few bad apples

some people just use the dog lover thing as a cop out. they just jump on the opportunity to bash cops

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
You have to be either a police officer, retired, or have friends or family who are in law enforcement, yes? Taking this way too personally. Cops are not bad, just the bad ones are. I know some of my local officers and my sister who is better friends with them and even volunteers for the dept. has had them over for dinner at my family's house. The ones I know...are the nicest, most polite and professional people I have ever met. I personally did not intend to throw a blanket statement saying all cops are bad. But in reference to the OP's story, specifically, I do think that this particular officer did not handle that situation correctly. I mean the story speaks for itself. And because the media likes a good story, people watch this and then make up their minds on how they feel about the police. Is it fair to assume that because this one cop (bad apple as you put it) did something bad (IMO), then all the other cops are the same...absolutely not. But one can infer that amongst the true good officers, there must reside the bad ones. And these are the ones I would imagine the people you are referring to as "cop bashers" don't like. I was criticizing this specific cop for being so callous and unprofessional in his actions that resulted in him shooting himself while trying to kill an innocent family pet (Please don't try to tell me this dog was some crazy attack dog, because it wasn't.) This guy saw a pit bull and panicked instead of assessing the situation. He stereotyped the breed, pure and simple. The fact that the guy missed the dog who did not attack him gives us the luxury of looking at this situation from a completely different POV. If he had killed the dog, all he had to say was that he felt threatened or was going to be attacked. Which is exactly why he tried to shoot the dog and that would have been the end of it. I mean it would be his word against the dead dogs...right? But because the dog did not attack, bite or whatever, we can deduce that this dog was never a threat and had this officer shot the dog, he would have killed an innocent dog. And that is my problem with this cop. This guy was clearly not thinking far enough ahead...you know, like making sure all his ducks are in a row...before blindly walking into someone's gated front yard.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
For the life of me, I still can't figure out how the cop shot himself. I try to recreate it in my head, all I get is Roscoe P Coltrane accidentally pulling the trigger while the gun is still holstered.

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
My neighbor had his dog shot too a while back by cop supposedly when they were confront by the dog. They blow the brains out of that dog. They said the dog was loose and went after them. My neighbor had to cut the chain off his dead dog when animal control came to take it away. Cops are train to say what it is necessary to justify killing or doing something. Since they are serving the public, they should all be required to wear a video came that starts when they clock in and stops when they clock out. The video should be centrally stored for a number of years. The other large corporations such as Google and Face Book are required to store their data for a certain length of time. I believe it is a government requirement. If they are really serving us, they should have nothing to hide.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
cop haters come out united in these threads
More like people tired of family pets being killed. Happens too often. I could sit here and post vid after vid, story after story of it. Its way too common and needs to end.

They serve the government, not us. Good idea though. GoPro on every cop

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I agree with cameras on them. One department did it and the complaints of excessive force went through the floor. It needs to be a common practise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store