Whats the minimum Monster tank in your opinion?

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
The biggest tank you could afford.

Sent from my SCH-R830C

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
But they merely adopted the monster; we were born in it, moulded by it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
:ROFL: I lost it with this comment, great addition. Krichardson as well very funny stuff.
The monsters betray you, because they belong to me!

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Sent from my SCH-R830C

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Two feet is comfortable for me to work with if I have to reach down into the tank.The height of the stand plays a part as wel.My 265 is a major pita to reach down into due to its height and that of the stand.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Five or ten gallons if "monster" and "passion" are synonymous terms. By some peoples' definition, if you are passionate about fishkeeping, then you are a monster fishkeeper so therefore, all of your tanks would be monster tanks. Perhaps the word "monster" should be defined for this setting. It could be an adjective for something extremely large, or it could refer to something with defective or excessive growth--such as giants or dwarfs. Defining what a monster fish is would make it much easier to come up with a minimum tank size. But since every one on this forum is a monster fishkeeper, all of our tanks are monster tanks. 35 gallon tanks are monster tanks.

If we are talking about a tank to house large fish, that is still open to interpretation. Some fish are bigger than others. Our 300 gallon tank is too small for our two pacu, but the tank would be fine for smaller fish. If we are talking about extremely large tanks, perhaps it would be better to call them "colossal" tanks. To me, a colossal tank would be 4000+ gallons. I will never have a colossal tank, but then, again, I don't need one. Fish tanks are like cars and houses--no matter how big yours is, there will always be someone with a bigger better whatever.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I just picked up a 90g. It had to be custom ordered from the lfs. Nobody in my area carries much anything bigger than a 55g.

90g isn't massive, but it looks huge in a tiny apartment, and considering that like 4 years ago I bought my first tank a 5.5g, I think im on the right track lol

im throwing african cichlids in it. Not true monster fish, but hard to argue their badassery when theres a large crowd of them in there bouncing around like newyork city street traffic.

That being said I have my eyes on a 210g. I feel thats truly monster.

It all depends how much your wife freaks out I guess

Brobstfish

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
USA
What defines a monster tank would depend on what fish you consider monster...

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ChrisM101

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2014
Paris, AR,United States
What defines a monster tank would depend on what fish you consider monster...

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
So id probably say fish that are regularly 12 inches and larger as adults and the ability to house 5 or more of such fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store