180 gallon

Invert trainer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
Does a RTC X TSN get smaller than a normal RTC?
BTW I have no experience.

Invert trainer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
Guys??:confused:

Invert trainer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
Please? anyone??:(

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Need some more info than 180 gallon. What else is on the tank other than the cats you want, what's the filtration, wc schedule, temperature, pH, etc? Giant bumblebee would be a good candidate. Tiger shovelnose will get way to big for a 180 (about 48"+), rtc x tsn also get way to large (54"+)

Invert trainer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
Hey guys thx for replying.
I havn't got the tank yet so can't say ph.
I was thinking fluval fx6 external filter.
Everything else is flexible.
Thx.
Z

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
What catfish? I like the bumblebee jelly and the tiger shovelnose. Not together.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7glmx-Q7NVQ - Bumblebee jelly cat
For life? TSN will not work. This is not a giant bumblebee catfish, so this would work. Stocking fish sizes vs. tank size rules vary. The minimum I follow is 4xL by 2xL footprint of the tank, where L is the length of fish. Lots more pertinent info here: http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36395&hilit=+thumb

Does a RTC X TSN get smaller than a normal RTC?
BTW I have no experience.
Lengthwise, no. Neither one can be kept in a 180 gal for more than ~6-8 months. If you have no experience, it is best to start small, i.e., with small fish and learn your way, IMHO.

Invert trainer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2014
UK
For life? TSN will not work. This is not a giant bumblebee catfish, so this would work. Stocking fish sizes vs. tank size rules vary. The minimum I follow is 4xL by 2xL footprint of the tank, where L is the length of fish. Lots more pertinent info here: http://www.planetcatfish.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36395&hilit=+thumb

Lengthwise, no. Neither one can be kept in a 180 gal for more than ~6-8 months. If you have no experience, it is best to start small, i.e., with small fish and learn your way, IMHO.
I meant I've never kept catfish before.
Thanks for the info.

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
Hi Zoe, i speak from experiance here, i wouldnt get another large cat fish unless i had the space from the start, i had to get rid of my RTCxTSN due to all my tank plans going tits up, i was so gutted and to find somebody over eher to even take him it was hard, and as i wanted him to go to a good home which he did, the chap lived in Glossop with a 2000g pond and i dropped bob off , other wise he wanted of had it.
What is the biggest tank you can have, then go from there, then you can see what cats you can grow up in the tank, there are so many to look at getting. Its good geting a big cat but when they gt to big fora tank and you cant upgrade its not easy to rehome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store