INJURY?

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Dear 1 table spoon/5 gallon ........so if you have 180 gallon US/150 gallon Uk (I think that MFK calculator is in US gallon??? ) then add 36 table spoon ...simple is that.....and you should better get an extra medication tank.....and it is better that you should change the water first........

Note: changing water 100% regularly or often removes beneficial bacteria from tank!!!
psi the guy from the fish store says that I should take a ear bud, take the flowerhorn out of the water and apply some methliyne blue on the ear bud and then put on t he areas where the flowerhorn is having these pimples

EricNguyen

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2014
Evanston IL
psi the guy from the fish store says that I should take a ear bud, take the flowerhorn out of the water and apply some methliyne blue on the ear bud and then put on t he areas where the flowerhorn is having these pimples
You can just bath him in a small tank or any container raja and dose that small container to bath him in.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It’s possible the small pimples are anchor worm. I agree with meth blue as a treatment. I would set up a suitable container for a bath. If you are going to do a bath treatment use water from the main tank to fill the container. Replace the water removed from the main tank with fresh water doing a 50% water change and substright vacuuming at the same time. Dose the container with 1 teaspoon of Meth blue per five gallons of water and 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. Place the fish in the container with an air stone for 30 mins. After the bath put the fish back into the main tank. Do this every day for 5 days. You can also keep the main tank salted at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons as instructed in an earlier post. Meth blue can also be used as a spot treatment directly on the effected areas. Avoid using Meth blue in the main tank as it is very hard on nitrifying bacteria.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Well another question I have to ask u if u guys remember me starting the fungus thread, I'm treating my fish with fungus medicine, and they seem to be getting better, but all those parts that had fungus are now getting black. I asked the lfs and they said that it's turning black because the fungus is getting burned, these are his exact words. So my question is, is it getting better or he's just saying that?

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
It’s possible the small pimples are anchor worm. I agree with meth blue as a treatment. I would set up a suitable container for a bath. If you are going to do a bath treatment use water from the main tank to fill the container. Replace the water removed from the main tank with fresh water doing a 50% water change and substright vacuuming at the same time. Dose the container with 1 teaspoon of Meth blue per five gallons of water and 1 tablespoon of aquarium salt per 5 gallons of water. Place the fish in the container with an air stone for 30 mins. After the bath put the fish back into the main tank. Do this every day for 5 days. You can also keep the main tank salted at 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons as instructed in an earlier post. Meth blue can also be used as a spot treatment directly on the effected areas. Avoid using Meth blue in the main tank as it is very hard on nitrifying bacteria.
thanks

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Well another question I have to ask u if u guys remember me starting the fungus thread, I'm treating my fish with fungus medicine, and they seem to be getting better, but all those parts that had fungus are now getting black. I asked the lfs and they said that it's turning black because the fungus is getting burned, these are his exact words. So my question is, is it getting better or he's just saying that?
Post a picture of this "black" area you are talking about.

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
Post a picture of this "black" area you are talking about.
well here are the pictures, the first picture of the parrot is about a week ago but 2 one is the latest one.im treating it with anti fungus. my short bodied flowerhorn also had fungus but this is what she looks like right now.
remember 1st picture of the fish are past whereas the second ones are the present
DSC_0154.JPGDSC_0215.JPGDSC_0155.JPGDSC_0214.JPGDSC_0216.JPGDSC_0217.JPGDSC_0218.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0215.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0214.JPG

DSC_0216.JPG

DSC_0217.JPG

DSC_0218.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store