Upcoming Movies and TV shows

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
same for captain America

the guy played human torch in fantastic 4
I had to edit my post since I got Green Lantern and Green Arrow mixed up lol.I thought it was a case where a guy got to play a Marvel and a DC character but that wasn't the case.I hadn't noticed that Torch and Capt.America are played by the same actor though.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Both are Marvel characters but it's still interesting that they chose not to go with another actor to play Capt.America.I wasn't a big fan of the F4 movies and I'll probably never watch them again so I would never have known about Evan's dual roles.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I stepped out for awhile, since I still have the link open for the deadpool movie, here it is...but it doesn't say much.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-9-18/finally-fox-sets-release-date-long-delayed-deadpool-film

I've never picked up on being a deadpool fan and the one in the Wolverine movie didn't help.

I personally liked the FF4 movies but won't argue that they could have been better. However the new one is going to be a disaster. Speaking of...it was announced that it will have a 2 month delay on it's release(Now Aug 2015). Not that it matters, 98% of fans/followers have boycotted this movie.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
I hated the FF4 movies. not as much as other comic book movies but I don't care for them

if the same writers and director are doing the next FF4, i'll probably never see it until it comes on free cable. I understand the boycott.

major turn offs for me when it comes to comic book movies is the recycling of villains. FF4 used Dr. Doom in both movies and I seriously don't get that. out of ALL the possibilities why do they keep going back to the same stupid villain?

Nolan got it right. 3 movies, 3 different villains. boom, something new every movie, but they all tie in together in one continuous plot

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That "leaked"trailer is hilarious.Any idea what the backlash for the F4 reboot is all about?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Naw, different director and they are doing it as reboot. Which we don't need another reboot. Another origin of FF and Doom. All of the FF will be played by 18-24 year olds(Ignoring that Reed is much older then Johnny) The Actor of Johnny Storm will be black even though Sue Storm will be white. Doesn't make a lick of sense. If it was done for PC reasons that's fine...make Sue black too.

The director later came out and admitted that he has never read comics and doesn't want to. He said he plans on going out on his own with the story(Totally admitting to thumbing his nose to cannon or close to it).

But I agree, I'm tired of Dr. Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, Loki(good character but 3+ times?), Lex Luthor

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Reminds me of the latest batch of Spider-Man films...what was the point in redoing it all.If anything they should have given Venom his own film.
I'm not a fan of changing the race or ethnicity of characters either...none of the F4 crew were black so why change any of them?

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Reminds me of the latest batch of Spider-Man films...what was the point in redoing it all.If anything they should have given Venom his own film.
I'm not a fan of changing the race or ethnicity of characters either...none of the F4 crew were black so why change any of them?
And then look at Z Nation, starting fresh they had 2 Blacks, 1 Asian and 6 whites in the pilot... and they kill the black guy. I was like WTF? Why didn't they kill a white guy?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's a little different since that crew are original unchanged characters but killing the black guy is a time honored Hollywood tradition lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store