Official Cyprinid Thread

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Here's an awesome Shiner, Yellowfins! I plan on breeding a group of these guys coming up soon. Not my picture.

image.jpg

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Here's my tor tor can't wait till his tail turns red. Also pic of opsariichthys bidens. Looking to pick up some hampalas and raiamas (I know it's a long shot) for Christmas to add. Sorry think pics are sideways ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1419064968.566570.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1419064992.238088.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
Looks good! I wonder how the tor tor and putitora look alike next to each other. But man I want some bidens too!! How are they like?

Tbh they seem to look the same from all the pictures I see. He's about 7-8 inches rn. Bidens are cool.
Mine almost died in transit cuz I cheaped out with 2nd day and bad weather so yah. Came belly up and cold. Luckily he was laying on his side breathing heavy in a 10 gallon for a few days a and made a full recovery thought he was gonna be a goner but they're tough fish. Masheer that came with them didn't make it that just tells you that these are true survivors temp out side was 10-20 degrees lol.
I got them because I knew raiamas was maybe not gonna happen so these are the closest thing I can get besides my dorado. I think the bidens is a female. Acts more like a gar or barracuda than a barb IMO. Hangs out near the surface but will eat from bottom too. Eats pellets. Interesting fish. SHe's a cool fish keep her with my Rays. Stays at the surface

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store