Advice/opinion to choose an asian arowana

Crispy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2009
Ontario Canada
awesome setup you have there! makes us very jealous....

out of curiousity, how thick are the viewing windows on that tank? glass or acrylic?

b00ft00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2011
Tahiti
Sorry about the late reply, had a lot of work and preparing for a 1 week vacation in Hawaii :nilly:

@MonFish Fanatic, Koji, wilkinson
thank you for the advices :)
Sadly my lfs only have aros for sale once a year so I've to pick one anyway and I don't really mind DE.

@ctoychik
an UV is running, it was set up 3 weeks after the pondarium was filled but I didn't had a powerful enough pump until 1 week ago so it wasn't able to "scan" a lot of water.
Now I can see the improvement going faster, you can see the evolution with the pics in my 1st reply (http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...sian-arowana&p=5447313&viewfull=1#post5447313)

@Crispy
0,47 inch (12mm) glass. It's with a 0 risk factor, aquarium manufacturers say a factor 3 is better but it would have been some 0,59 inch (15mm) glass which is double the price here :screwy:

@wilkinson
the filtration is homemade out of 3 63gals rubbish bins with a kind of up/down flow system :
2 intakes at the base of the pondarium (under the 2 big flowerpots) are filling by gravity the 1st rubbish bin from below, it holds brushes
then the water at the top of it fill by gravity the 2nd rubbish bin from below, it holds Japanese mats
then the water at the top of it fill by gravity the 3rd rubbish bin, it holds the pump which send the water through the UV filter (oase bitron 110c) and from it there's 2 exits returning the water to the pondarium.
There's an air pump (hiblow hp40) feeding the 2nd and 3rb rubbish bins.
Each rubbish bin has a purge valve at the bottom for an easy cleaning.

Image00001.jpgImage00002.jpgImage00003.jpgImage00004.jpgImage00005.jpg

I'll post some pics of my aro once I get it mid december :drool:

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

b00ft00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2011
Tahiti
Hello again everyone,

sorry for the lack of news, I've been very busy with the work and the pondarium.
I've made a video of it, it's about 5 minutes long, available in HD (720p) and really worth it if you can watch it this way.
Enjoy ! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRmPmGXe5o

[YT]mdRmPmGXe5o[/YT]

Fishes in the pondarium so far :
1x GH XB Sapphire Arowana
2x Tiger Oscar
2x Albinos Oscar
1x Lutino Oscar
2x Archer
2x Flying Fox
5x Silver Giant Barb
6x Albinos Red Eyes Giant Barb
1x Albinos Giant Gourami
1x Tigerfish
1x Clown Knife

I'm growing up a school of 7 juveniles monodactylus argenteus right now, and I'm thinking of adding 5 more archers, a school of 7 scatophagus argus and a school of 7 silver sharks if they ever become available here ...

poloGTIJaune

Feeder Fish
Apr 23, 2014
Tahiti
Iaorana b00ft00, i'm from Tahiti too and I love your pond !!!! it give me a lot of inspiration. I'm trying to convert my swiming pool in a pond. Is your setup still up ? any updates from your last post ?

Hope to see u soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store