The most aggressive fish i have ever seen.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
He is just really stout, my dovii and veil are close to the same length, but would stand a snow balls chance in hell against the Midas

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
That's nothing he looks like gentle ben my midas is so bad you can't stick anything in the tank magnet glass cleaner, cleaning siphon clear tube, your arm...non stop popping the heck out of everything!!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
He's not mean. He just doesn't like you :) I LOVE the ripped up plastic plant floating around in the tank with him--classic.

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Looking at some of the experiences here...I have had none of my fishes so aggressive....phew ...BTW rob your Midas looks awesome
Looking forward for your video with all the safety guards on

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
That's nothing he looks like gentle ben my midas is so bad you can't stick anything in the tank magnet glass cleaner, cleaning siphon clear tube, your arm...non stop popping the heck out of everything!!

Very nice fish! I have no doubt that what you are saying is true. Do you have any other fish with him, and what size is the tank? I would love to hear more about him, as I stated I got mine pretty much grown out, so I did not know what to expect.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
He's not mean. He just doesn't like you :) I LOVE the ripped up plastic plant floating around in the tank with him--classic.
Lol! You might be right, but I can't get any other family member to stick there hand in the tank to test that theory. I actually think he really likes me, because it is the highlight of the day if I stick my hand in there.

shenlonco

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2009
NJ
Hi it's in a 37 gallon tank I believe it's a female it don't get nearly as large as the males do.
You can't put anything in with this fish it's funny it bites anything but if I stick my hand in and touch her gently she will let me pet her head and her side... every movement by the glass she chasses your hands or fingers biting at them no one would dare try and pet her but she lets me do it.

robham7770

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2014
mobile
I thought it might be a female, but am not very good at sexing fish. I have mine in a 75, and would not consider putting anything else in with it, but was just curious if anyone had any success keeping these fish with other species in larger tanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store