Anyone have a Eheim Pro 3 Thermofilter -2180 ?

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
Does anyone have one of these filters ? Good reviews ? Does it surpass the fx6 ? I like the idea of a built in heater and just wonder what others think about it since it is $800 . Its time for me to purchase a few more large filters for new set ups and I am unsure now since I saw this one ! Please help

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Of course it is better than the FX. The pump is on top where it is supposed to be. I wouldn't buy a filter with a built in heater. A canister filter will outlast a bunch of heaters. Get an Eheim with no heater and just buy a good heater. If you were getting it because you don't want your fish breaking it get a good titanium heater. I prefer the Eheim classics. Less to go wrong but harder to clean.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
Does anyone have one of these filters ? Good reviews ? Does it surpass the fx6 ? I like the idea of a built in heater and just wonder what others think about it since it is $800 . Its time for me to purchase a few more large filters for new set ups and I am unsure now since I saw this one ! Please help
With that much I would just get the
2262 instead and get a titanium heater... Don't waste that much on the 2180...

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tanyaelec11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2012
canada
I figured as much that's why I threw that question out there . I have a fx5 and ive had it for the last 6 years without any problems . I am getting another large tank so I was looking at all of my options and haven't really researched on the eheim canister filters . I was browsing and found that one . I will look into the 2262 and titanium heaters. I have been shopping at the local LFS and they don't really seem to have titanium heaters decently priced or large ones at that so I guess I will have to support online purchasing . I haven't found a large eheim canister either here so that will have to be an online purchase as well. I find online prices a lot affordable but at the same time im located in a bad place with high shipping charges so it evens out if I find something at the lfs. I have had bad experiences with the basic glass heaters zapping my fish so im trying to steer away from those.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I also like the Eheim 2260/62 filters and use the Hydor ETH external heater with them. I bought one new and the rest have been purchased used though your locality will be more expensive to ship to, sorry.

Just to throw it out there, have you considered using a sump for your large tank? You don't mention the tank size.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store