male bdxleo not eating and being weird

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I feel better now. Just got back from picking up a kilo of massivore and he is going to town on them.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I hope everyone has watched and learned in just being patient with this type of stuff. Glad it seems no I'll effects are going to be long lasting sure would have been sad of something happened to your wonderful rays. I know many of us wish sooner or more or one thing or another but unfortunately it's not our time table. We do need to do our part to make everything as best as possible and then let it be to them for the rest. Best of luck as you keep working at it. Glad all is well and good work with your rays.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
My female is on her third week of not eating. Had a few earth worms and maybe some pellets in that time but no frozen. Yesterday refused earth worms! She been getting beat up by the male for past month which has triggered this. But she is left alone and healing over the last week or so. I am now keeping my fingers crossed that she will start eating again.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Thanks.

Yeah I plan to just keep doing what I have been and when they breed they breed. Just do my foods and vitamins like I have been to get them were they are at. Pulling all the distractions out of the tank and "letting them be". He ate more massivore last night and is being more like his old self. I am also pulling some of the sand bed out. Don't like when my female eats shrimp. She will pell the skin off and burry it in the sand for me to find later. Just after he starts eating again the last thing I need is an ammo spike to push him back off the feed.

Good luck to your female Jim. These food strikes suck!

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thanks mate. Ironically she started eating again today! HAd pallets this morning and looked like she ate frozen prawn tonight

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Good news all around then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store