UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Matt,

First sorry about your loss. I do not use stress coat (safe usually) but if you had stress coat left over did you try an experiment with some feeders or something to determine it was the conditioner (i.e. condition some tap and put a couple goldfish in to see if they die)? No offense but there could be other factors, like water chemistry that day ( a lot of salt in the groundwater from all the snow) temp fluctuation maybe. Me personally I would want to prove my theory.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
My town issued a letter a few weeks ago warning of elevated sodium content in water coming from the tap, due to the snow and subsequent salt. I have a feeling that's more likely than a fatal batch of stress coat.

Estarego8

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
New Jersey
Hey Jay sorry for the late reply I have been working and yea I experimented with some feeders after you messaged me and they all died when exposed =/ I guess this was just a freak occurrence idk. I have been too busy since to combat the issue as you can tell by my lack of MFK activity. Since it has been such a long time since this happened I decided to just rebuild from scratch! I have my Rutilus still and its growing a bit and I am adding a Suchus into the mix as well XD the Suchus will be in my 180 :) with the Ruti and Mahseers are flying solo in the 90 my big yellow banded cat is by his lonesome now. Not much to report. He is the laziest cat I have seen in my life!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store