HAMBURG REPTILE SHOW TOMM!!!

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Ya there's others as well including Burmese pythons, Indian rocks, green, yellow and some other anacondas. I forget which. People with boa constrictors got lucky. They were originally going to be on the list as well but they took them off

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
...and why was that?

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Because of everything that's been going on in Florida. Burmese pythons are wild there now as well as other species so the government is freaking out thinking they will survive in the other states. The ban on importation and interstate transportation is there way of keeping the numbers in each state limited apparently. I won't be surprised if they keep adding more species to the list. Why they took the boa off? I'm not sure. I just know that they were considering it and then decided to take it off the list.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Because of everything that's been going on in Florida. Burmese pythons are wild there now as well as other species so the government is freaking out thinking they will survive in the other states. The ban on importation and interstate transportation is there way of keeping the numbers in each state limited apparently. I won't be surprised if they keep adding more species to the list. Why they took the boa off? I'm not sure. I just know that they were considering it and then decided to take it off the list.

Yeah I figured those were the reasons pretty much.I was asking why the boa was reconsidered....Thanks Mike.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Haha seriously! Just cuz they're not native here, we can't have them. But we can keep beaded's, western Diamondbacks, red Diamondbacks, southern pacific, sidewinders, etc. anything that is found natively

The only reason I like gila's more is that they keep their bright colors whereas beaded's tend to fade as they grow.

You might want to double-check that, Brother. Gila monsters are native to California (extreme S.E.), but Mexican or other locales of Beaded lizard are only found from Mexico due south.

I live only a mere 40 minutes from the Hamburg show and my business partner has a table or 2 across from the food stand (and across from Fred Kick's Balls) on the end-cap in the back with a lot of my snakes that I put up for sale this June. Some very nice, healthy Boas, Kings, Milks, Ball pythons, etc raised by myself, fed strictly frozen-thawed rodents and many are either proven breeders or just reaching healthy breeding size now, ready to breed in March 2016.

Anyone interested, check out B&M Reptiles and/or Larry Dower Reptiles in Hamburg at Northeastern Berks County Reptile Exposition. A list of my available reptiles can be furnished via PM if requested. Prices are already rock-bottomed to move.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
You might want to double-check that, Brother. Gila monsters are native to California (extreme S.E.), but Mexican or other locales of Beaded lizard are only found from Mexico due south.

I live only a mere 40 minutes from the Hamburg show and my business partner has a table or 2 across from the food stand (and across from Fred Kick's Balls) on the end-cap in the back with a lot of my snakes that I put up for sale this June. Some very nice, healthy Boas, Kings, Milks, Ball pythons, etc raised by myself, fed strictly frozen-thawed rodents and many are either proven breeders or just reaching healthy breeding size now, ready to breed in March 2016.

Anyone interested, check out B&M Reptiles and/or Larry Dower Reptiles in Hamburg at Northeastern Berks County Reptile Exposition. A list of my available reptiles can be furnished via PM if requested. Prices are already rock-bottomed to move.
Trust me. I've checked online and with multiple breeders. Gila's aren't legal here. Only beaded's

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Trust me. I've checked online and with multiple breeders. Gila's aren't legal here. Only beaded's
That's odd, Gilas certainly are native to CA, and Beadeds aren't even within a few hundred miles of CA. Furthest north you find Beadeds is northern Mexico.....we don't even get an occasional one in Texas. You'd have better luck finding a JAGUAR in the U.S. than a Beaded.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Extremely. You look at the list of crotalus we can keep and they're all native to ca but then it specifically says. H. horridum is legal to keep but H. suspectum is not. Go to all the reptile shows and people will have horridum but no suspectum's and if you ask them, each one will tell you it's cuz they're illegal to keep here

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
As if that whole fiasco wasn't weird enough, here in PA, native species and the only ones we are NOT allowed to keep, aside from the Federal/U.S. ban on threatened, vulnerable, endangered speciies.

We can sell Taipans and King Cobras 'til the cows come home, but sell one little Eastern Garter, or have any native species of fish, reptile or amphibian in your possession without a valid fishing license, and it's Fine City for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store