OFF of feeders p.bass HELP

marscortes

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2006
Fiji
I know this has been covered before about converting p.bass from live to prepared/pellet food. The only thing I didn't see in the post is what if the p.bass is 2 yrs old and all there life they have been eating feeders of many different sorts. How do you convert and old foggie to pellets? Is it possible ? I tried googling but could not find anything. Thought id ask the pros. Thanks in advance again .

If this has been asked before or posted somewhere please direct me.

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Tank mate that eat pellets would be great help.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TRENT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2007
OREGON
Like stated above starve them. I got an 18" PB that was my LFS mascot. He was raised on feeders and anything else that would fit in his mouth. When I got him he wouldn't touch anything I tried to feed him. After three weeks he changed his mind and slowly started accepting frozon talopia, shrimp and night crawlers . Just don't give in. If more than a month maybe give a FEW feeders then back to what ever you want him to eat. GL

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
My favorite method is to have other fish in the tank eating non live. "Monkey see, monkey do'"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Here you go, theres a bunch of diff methods

http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=446432

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The method Dieselmack suggested works well. Bass learn the routine when they are about to be fed. If your bass gets excited when you come up to the tank and open the lid, at least you can tell he knows that routine. Alternating a feeder with pellets will work and eventually you'll just be throwing in pellets and other non-live foods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store