Kent UK
zigzag eel on the cards yet?-)

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Actually nothing at the moment.

Came home today from work, noticed my new purple breasted cichlids has gotten white spots.

Only the male and the one female, none of my other fish.

I have some medication ready at hand, but a little worried about the shrimps, but I'm going to give them mediation today.

Guess I shouldn't have did my weekly water change the 2nd day they arrived, and I guess I should have quarantined them for longer. But it's totally manageable, I've never lost fish to white spots before if I medicate them right away.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Turned off the uv filter, positioned the outflows of the pumps so that they generate more oxygen in the water.

Won't be adding any fertilizer to the tank until treatment is finished.

Discus is of course at hold at the moment, but I'll still order them and have them quarantined at my work for 2 weeks minimum.

Ninjouzata

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
Georgia, USA
Sorry to hear about the white spot. Hope it clears quickly!

That sounds reasonable on the amanos though it stinks the angels are going after them. Not surprising I guess :p
That one sure is plump! I don't think they'll hatch either. That'd be a neat tank to set up one day.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
Sorry to hear about the white spot. Hope it clears quickly!

That sounds reasonable on the amanos though it stinks the angels are going after them. Not surprising I guess :p
That one sure is plump! I don't think they'll hatch either. That'd be a neat tank to set up one day.
I have to remove the purigen in all three filters... Damn.

But I'm looking forward to get rid of the white spots.

I'll use this opportunity to add more eheim substrate pro in my canisters and remove some filter pads.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
All my fish has survived the night, and on the 2nd day of medication almost 80% of the white spots have disappeared.

I'm again put a little off discus because of the care and price, I'll read all I can and ask for advice.

I'll even treat my angels for tapeworms, and then after I've did a good thought and feel ready, I'll let my wallet decide weather or not I'll get them or not.

ss720

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
Norway
White spots have disappeared. But medication will continue.

Looks like all of my fishes are alive, can't locate the red lizard catfish though.
But I'll keep a look out for him during the day.

Edit:

It's alive and well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store