Utah
Mine are in with 5 dats and they hold their own

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
This has made me want a new acara. Guess I'll pick one up tomorrow lol, I'll post pics

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Great fish...I actually like their personalities better than Green Terrors.
Here is a pic of a yellow acara I was able to find to keep my blue acara company...
Yellow Acara.jpgYellow and Blue Acaras.jpg

Yellow Acara.jpg

Yellow and Blue Acaras.jpg

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Yeah Acaras are great! I have a blue acara, some baby Orange Spot Acaras (Krobia), and about to get Cichlasoma dimerus babies (a kind of Acara), some Electric Blue babies, and someone is giving me a huge but sick Port Acara I am going to try to nurse back to health.

Cichlidss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2014
Western Cape, South Africa
Nice Quo Valdis! Always good to hear that somebody cares for fish.. If you land up nursing him back to health be sure to post some pics :)
The Yellow Acara looks really good! Its a shame i havnt seen them around my area! If I find 1 i will probly land up buying 1 :)
So far my Acara is doing great! Always busy :) and I am enjoying him!!!

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
I have been thinking of getting a blue or electric blue acara, for those of you that have them. Would yall recommend them in a planted tank with angels and barbs? It's a 105 gallon tank, trying to stock it and looking for ideas. I have thought of a few blue acara with a few firemouths. Not sure how they will handle each other.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I have been thinking of getting a blue or electric blue acara, for those of you that have them. Would yall recommend them in a planted tank with angels and barbs? It's a 105 gallon tank, trying to stock it and looking for ideas. I have thought of a few blue acara with a few firemouths. Not sure how they will handle each other.
I'd recommend them with barbs, haven't tried with angels. With fire mouths I'd say the acara would be dominant, mine used to handle my convict easily; and control aggression.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store