You know you're a fishnerd when............

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
When your cousins go into your room and see all the tanks and start asking what they all eat and the menu sounds like it should be for humans!!
Ex: fresh tilapia,market shrimp,mussels,etc and when you tell them the other non human consumption items they look at you like you are crazy!
Ex: freeze dried krill, frozen bloodworms, live nightcrawlers,red worms,massivore pellets( my friend once told me it sounds like a name for a dinosaur) cut up whole fish, etc and they thought all fish ate flakes lol

Another one is when your list of meals you eat weekly is shorter than your fishes

Or when you would rather waste electricity on MFK and fish keeping than having a T.V in your bedroom!

Or when you get sick with a cold/flu you put off medication or going to the doctor and when your fish get sick you medicate for the illness ASAP and put off other plans just to watch over the qt tank.

Or when your in an lfs and you teach the costumer a about fish and their requirements and the employee looks at you dumbfounded

Or when you go to Home Depot to get some supplies to build a sump they have no idea what you are trying to do and when you pull out the plans you took time to draw on paper they see the complexity and say why don't you just buy a filter ( face palm )

Or when you are on a vacation and all you can think about is I hope my (insert fish here) will be fine I hope that water change was big enough and your family can't believe that you can think of nothing else

Or when you go into an lfs and tell your family/ wife you won't get anything just looking and you come out with a couple datnoids etc and a few bags of food

I know these weren't good but in some sort of situation of all of these happened to me in one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Jkempel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2013
Empel - Netherlands
When your cousins go into your room and see all the tanks and start asking what they all eat and the menu sounds like it should be for humans!!
Ex: fresh tilapia,market shrimp,mussels,etc and when you tell them the other non human consumption items they look at you like you are crazy!
Ex: freeze dried krill, frozen bloodworms, live nightcrawlers,red worms,massivore pellets( my friend once told me it sounds like a name for a dinosaur) cut up whole fish, etc and they thought all fish ate flakes lol

Another one is when your list of meals you eat weekly is shorter than your fishes

Or when you would rather waste electricity on MFK and fish keeping than having a T.V in your bedroom!

Or when you get sick with a cold/flu you put off medication or going to the doctor and when your fish get sick you medicate for the illness ASAP and put off other plans just to watch over the qt tank.

Or when your in an lfs and you teach the costumer a about fish and their requirements and the employee looks at you dumbfounded

Or when you go to Home Depot to get some supplies to build a sump they have no idea what you are trying to do and when you pull out the plans you took time to draw on paper they see the complexity and say why don't you just buy a filter ( face palm )

Or when you are on a vacation and all you can think about is I hope my (insert fish here) will be fine I hope that water change was big enough and your family can't believe that you can think of nothing else

Or when you go into an lfs and tell your family/ wife you won't get anything just looking and you come out with a couple datnoids etc and a few bags of food

I know these weren't good but in some sort of situation of all of these happened to me in one way or another

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Lol I got no tv just 7 tanks :p

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk App

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
When I'm sitting on the couch with my fiance watching a movie and she turns over to look at me...and I'm just staring at my tank and not the TV.

She says "Honey are you going to sit there all night watching your tank or are we going to watch this movie"...she pauses the DVR about 6 more times times during the movie to give me an angry glance at which point I turn my head towards the TV and the movie plays on.

Typicaly takes 3 hrs to watch a 2 hr movie this way, lol

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
When you spend months planning and setting up a tank, only to sit and watch youtube videos of other tanks.
Lol me too

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store