My Guapote Thread

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Good luck with the treatment.... mine had some initial health issues that they have fortunately more than recovered from....hope to see yours bounce back as well.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
I slightly rearranged the tank today and added two more large terracotta pots for two reasons - to break line of site and to make space for growing cichlids. The aggression in the tank has been escalating because the fish are growing and cannot hide in places they could before. Pics to follow soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
That Jag has some deep colours to him, nice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Thanks! He definitely does have some really great blue coloring. I'm hoping the spotted pattern becomes more pronounced as he grows.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Looks like your fish are healthy and eating well.... what are you feeding them anyway?

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
I feed krill, market shrimp, different flakes, and pellets. Sometimes I will throw some crickets in the mix. I don't feed one particular food all the time. I have found that variety is important over the years. Sometimes Jags (and Parachromis in general) get a little selective as to what they want to eat, but I believe the constant rotation suppresses this as much as possible.

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
I feed krill, market shrimp, different flakes, and pellets. Sometimes I will throw some crickets in the mix. I don't feed one particular food all the time. I have found that variety is important over the years. Sometimes Jags (and Parachromis in general) get a little selective as to what they want to eat, but I believe the constant rotation suppresses this as much as possible.

You have good practice to feed variety and that's a nice variety that you're feeding... I also give a variety ...Mine eat mysis shrimp, bloodworms, market shrimp ,cut tilapia ,freeze dried shrimp meal worms and crickets ,carnasticks and ,massivore. My larger Rtm won't eat massivore though...and for some reason none of my fish eat krill... I agree on rotating the food so they don't get fixed on one....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store