IDs Please (Quick Answers Much Appreciated!)

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Not sure the what the scientific name of the sucker is but it looks like the same you find in bait shops just sold as suckers. The last pic isnt a juvenile trout either. Trout have very rounded heads and much bigger eyes when that small

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
The sucker is actually a white sucker, not a jumprock

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure the what the scientific name of the sucker is but it looks like the same you find in bait shops just sold as suckers. The last pic isnt a juvenile trout either. Trout have very rounded heads and much bigger eyes when that small
I knew it wasn't a trout, I meant it looked like one when I first got it out of my seine yesterday. Yeah I'm kind of thinking White Sucker which means yay a 24" fish :D (good thing I'm building a pond in April). But I'll wait for more opinions on the sucker.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Here's some more pictures.

1) White Sucker but just to make sure.
image.jpg

3) Darters (I'm leaning towards Johnnys)
image.jpg

4) Still NO idea
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
This, right here, is why you never bring a fish home that you dont know about. Especially out of the wild.

I believe the last fish is a blacknose dace.
I was also 99% sure it was a Stoneroller when I got it. Had way different coloration when I first got it. I can provide adequate housing for this large species just need to know what to feed. I'm going to try to get it on frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms and eventually work to shrimp pellets and algae wafers unless someone states otherwise.

Also thanks, I do believe after looking up pictures that the last is a blacknose, I'll have to get some more for a school next time I go back. Now I just need the darters ID.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store