First time w/planted tank :)

kqui9357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Rialto
I finally made a planted tank last week from the plants my goldfish didnt destroy lol. Its 10 gallons with just plants until it cycles. I have the rock on the wood because it floats, so im trying to find a flat rock to hide under the gravel to tie it down. Until then im using the rock lol. Advice or critiques would be appreciated. I want to do a foreground plant but not sure which since it has to be low to medium light.
Plants are:
Dwarf lily, java fern, windelov fern, java moss, tiny crypt red and bronze, corkscrew val, madagascar lace, and amazon swords

Also if any of you could identify wether the tiny plant on my finger is riccia or marsilea quadrifolia that would be great. There was more but after i took it out of the goldfish tank thats all there was :p
Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1414216596905.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1414216610206.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1414216634609.jpg

kqui9357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Rialto
Also if i could get advice on what algae eater to put in id be thankful :) Cory cats are adorable but i heard ottos are the algae eaters or shrimp. As long as it has some personality?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jay973

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Northern Jersey
The plant on your finger is marsilea but with only a couple of leaves it's hard to tell which one. You don't have to limit yourself to just one type to help control algae you can try ottos, snails, shrimp etc... if you have the space.

kqui9357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Rialto
Yes it was :) i bought more of both riccia and marsilea and its grown to where it looks like marsilea.

Sent from my LG-MS840 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store