bullhead catfish tanks

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
both sets are blackish brown, what does that mean?
It means he's either a brown or a black bullhead. Is there any way you could get an anal ray count for me, then I'll know positively which one of the two it is. Although from the look I'd say you've got a brown which get slightly larger than yellows.

Loshmitchell101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Heres a small update, weve decided to keep it here until it gets a little larger. No matter what kind it is, its here to stay. I seriously cant believe how much it eats. Its ridiculous.
2014-07-02 23.42.37.jpg

2014-07-02 23.42.37.jpg

warmouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
missouri
Bullheads will overeat if you let them, make sure your feeding them the right amount and a varied diet, they are opportunistic feeders in the wild. If you overfeed them they will keep eating till they get sick and die.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Bullheads will overeat if you let them, make sure your feeding them the right amount and a varied diet, they are opportunistic feeders in the wild. If you overfeed them they will keep eating till they get sick and die.
Mine hasn't taken to any other foods yet actually. Only eats worms now. Hoping hell learn to eat more things once I transfer to my 75 out of his 14 gallon qt bin.

Loshmitchell101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I always feed cichlid pellets right before the lights turn off and it works everytime at night. Ive switched to feeding every other day and sometimes every three days.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MDFishTanks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2013
MD
My bullheads and channel cats all eat the same pellets that my koi, sunfish, bluegill, white perch etc eat. When it's feeding time they all come to the top.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Still haven't tried feeding anything but worms yet but I have him coming out during lights on to eat now :). Might try a shrimp pellet or two tonight and see if he likes it. Going into my 75 on Monday.

Loshmitchell101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Mine has gotten to the point it will eat pellets floating at the top of the tank weve moved it up to a 55g with mixed cichlid grow outs, eventually with time it will one day be in my 270 mixed. I want to move it faster but I dont want it to become shy, right now itll swim up and down the glass and will eat top floating cichlid pellets and its not hiding as much anymore. Itll stay out and swims around until a person approaches the tank. Its actually pretty aggressive towards a 4line cat and sun cat, it always enters others hides and fans them out and never stays in the same spots only removing others from their hides. To be honest its kind of aggressive and territorial towards my other cats. I seriously love this guy and I might have a chance at getting another soon. Does anyone have experience keeping more than one in a tank? How are they with their own kind? Are they communual or territorial?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store