Silver or ?

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
This was in a Lfs these tanks have no lighting in place at all other than the lights in the roof. Just something about the eyes made me intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Could be "high shine" or platinum. Kinda hard to tell in pics unless you can see them side by side because as mentioned lighting etc plays a role. Does look very light colored and that black pupil means it isnt albino so if you have the money and tank space maybe pick it up? Worse case scenario its a good looking healthy silver and best case scenario you get a gem of a fish for a fraction of the cost (assuming store doesnt have it listed as platinum and want a gazillion dollars for it)

I have seen a lot more albino and platinum aros lately. Did they figure out how to breed that gene or something? Used to be a couple times a year id see a platinum aro. Only time till they get it right I suppose there are plenty of "platinum" fish they breed already like bettas etc

follen

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2008
england
Literally few weeks ago in the same Tank they had normal ones. I will swing by this weekend to see if it is still there could be a right result ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store