Jojo the red tail starting size 2.5 inches and thanks giving the tiger shovel nose

itsKRUDD

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Why do you have lights on the tanks for 16 hours a day? Also, do you have any plans for the red tail when he begins to push 18+ inches? Surely you know 250 won't house him comfortably. I apologize if I missed these in your thread, skipped thru a bit of the reading

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Thats fine friend.
check post 14 for your answer. Also I have decided to up the 250 to around 300 I am debating 4ft wide 5 ft long 2 feet deap for the mini and then building the tank in post 14

Diskboy12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
NY, USA
You are taking very good care of your RTC, mine never grew quite that fast and I know it was due to my stupidity and neglect. Eventually I will have the means to properly house these beautiful fish.

Good job!

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Hey every one stoping in to post up a few updates to the video blog. And a cute video of the wife's bumble bee cat surfing on the bubler(see next post)
[video=youtube;QTzgYFiV6zo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTzgYFiV6zo[/video]

I got to get the walls up and then im going to sheat rock and paint just enouph to build the small mini tank. Jojo and Thanksgiving are starting to argue over space and there bio load has started to max out my eheim filter(that I love cause it was not ment for a tank this big)
Thanks for the support!!

yodaddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2011
georgia
Just replied to your reply- then realized you have a shovel nose cat! They are beautiful fish- one of my favs, but do not put a fire eel in there :)!

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
nicee!! basement room looks nice, only issue I see but not sure how it works basement to me means under the main house so I imagine getting the tank down there wont be easy?

cant wait to get my rtc :) good luck with the digging cant wait to see the outcome !
The monster tank will be built in place this has been done many times and should not be a problem. the mini mega will be nothing more the 4 sheats of 3/4 plyword plus or minus a pound so easy to move.

greenbud

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Belfast maine
www.mudmower.com
Tonight I came home to find my fish "Angle" Has finally lost in her battle with a black fungus she has had sense we got her. She survived me learning about ph and how it effected my filters. 3 ich break outs over the years. All well keeping a 17 inch tiger shovel nose in its place at only 5 inches herself. You will be missed my little white terror of the deep.
angle and tg.jpg

Well on to a much brighter note:
I have all the wood and fiber glass for the tank along with other needed supplies at the total cost of around 200+-. So just need to get the wall done so I can get the corner done and paint the corner and move to build the mini tank. Once its made and up and running it will have to live in a plastic bubble well i work on the rest of the room.

angle and tg.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store