Asian RTC with Gibby

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
For a while as long as there's hiding spots for both. Depending on what dimensions those are a Gibby could easily outgrow that tank though, if it's 96"x24" that's not going to be big enough for a 20" adult gibbiceps.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
Could a 4" Asian rtc go with a 10" gibby in a 240 gallon tank?
They will be fine until the rtc gets large. The pleco will be fine for life but the rtc gets large and very very territorial as it grows. I would try a smaller more peaceful cat rtc can be very nasty.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I had an Asian RTC, he nearly beat a larger silver aro and 2 other fish to death in one night. Mean Mean fish.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I had an Asian RTC, he nearly beat a larger silver aro and 2 other fish to death in one night. Mean Mean fish.
Yes but if you've ever owned a gibbiceps you'll know they're evil fish when they get big. Mine has killed so many fish it's rediculous by only charging at them, when thney jab with their pectoral spines they can do even more severe damage, I know, mine has jabbed me in the fingers before while giving him his food.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
Yes but if you've ever owned a gibbiceps you'll know they're evil fish when they get big. Mine has killed so many fish it's rediculous by only charging at them, when thney jab with their pectoral spines they can do even more severe damage, I know, mine has jabbed me in the fingers before while giving him his food.
if that is the case then these two are destined to tear each other apart til one dies.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
if that is the case then these two are destined to tear each other apart til one dies.
Not the case at all a sailfin pleco is not even in the same class as a rtc as far as aggression goes, the things i read on this site seem to get crazier by the day. I have had more sailfins than i can count and never had one kill a fish. My adonis pleco is ten times more agro than any sailfin ive ever had and he hasnt even killed a fish.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;OYBeVwQh2M8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBeVwQh2M8&list=UUZVTYwhm6uePwLBSrKzXpwg[/video] one of my big guys it would scrap at dinner time but killer LMAO

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
[video=youtube;X7Vp9mKZ_kE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Vp9mKZ_kE&list=UUZVTYwhm6uePwLBSrKzXpwg[/video] even this big guy as you can see by his tail was beat up on by a smaller goby and rhino pleco. And this guy was around a foot in a 70 gallon tall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store