Snow/Platinum Arowana ID PLZ

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
I live in both in LA and shanghai, China. This was found at a LFS here in Shanghai. The price I stated is in RMB not USD. I already have two asian Arowanas here. A Blue based cross back and a RTG. Prices here are much cheaper, I bought my BB XB for 3000 RMB as well. The RTG was only 700 RMB. Conversion is 6:1 usd to RMB. Leopoldi Rays here are stupid expensive though. So looks like an albino to yall?
rtg just a little of $100 usd they must be flooded with these.

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
All albinos of all species have pink eyes- that's one of the characteristics.

This looks like possible snow or platinum, but it's hard to tell with that lighting. If eyes aren't pink then it's not albino

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Can't see the eyes clearly with that lighting like I mentioned. It looks a lot like your snow but with better eyes

Bro... So obvious Is albino...there is no maybe or looks like .. It is an albino

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
Bro... So obvious Is albino...there is no maybe or looks like .. It is an albino
What makes you so sure? What color would you say they eyes are? They look black or dark to me like the Asian arrow behind it. Body looks pinkish but the lighting looks pink too.

KELVINFONG

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2013
SINGAPORE
All albinos of all species have pink eyes- that's one of the characteristics.

This looks like possible snow or platinum, but it's hard to tell with that lighting. If eyes aren't pink then it's not albino

Can't see the eyes clearly with that lighting like I mentioned. It looks a lot like your snow but with better eyes

What makes you so sure? What color would you say they eyes are? They look black or dark to me like the Asian arrow behind it. Body looks pinkish but the lighting looks pink too.

No wonder people keep saying platinum and snow very common.. Now I know..

You know in a batch of albino... All of the them have about the same translucency and orange to pinkness color.. However.. Not all will have red or pink eyes.. In fact many of them have non pink or non red eyes. These are lower grade albinos. Many of us will associate non red or non pink eyes albino as platinum or snow.. But infact these are cheaper albinos. When you put all the 3 three together to compare you will immediately tell the difference.

The platinum at AK is selling at sgd4k. The list price of snow in king Kong website is sgd28k. Whereas Albino is only selling at sgd450. So please do not mention it is a platinum or snow when it Is a low grade albino.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store