300 gallon set up

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Thanks man. Its exciting. Its such a sick feeling to walk out into my living room and see the 300 sitting there. My congicus is getting big, I can't wait to migrate him over. :p

I still say you should take an Axe to the underside of your place and reinforce :p it would be worth it afterwards haha

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Wow nice job dude

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Nice job man...what's the plan for the sump? I'm curious how the egg crate and pads play into everything.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
I'll post a full detailed plan for filtration in the next few days. School is breaking my back right now. I got the background siliconed in today minus two simple pieces. Ive used 5 full tubes of silicone thus far. I also painted some black on the edges of the background to give it an even more realistic vibe. Pics to follow.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
View attachment 1066669

In other news, I lost some friends this week :/

My congicus took my three, ~6" clown loaches. Part of the rush on the larger tank was to get the congi away from them, but I didn't think he would be able to take them until he was bigger. He's at 16" now.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
Thanks meng. The background is the aquaterra slimline model, mesa. There are two variants. I went with the red/brown color scheme as opposed to the grey. It looks very realistic in person. I added more black to it along the trim to great effect. When I get home from work tonight I will post more pictures of it siliconed in place.

the lion who ate the sun

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2014
georgia
FOTF09B.JPG

Obligatory girlfriend in tank post.

Everything is 100% siliconed!!! Our Maine coon kitten, Cheza, is so upset about kimmie being in this tank. She knows all about the fish and how they are stuck in their tanks. I'm about to drop some massivore pellets in for Kimmie to see how cheza reacts.

FOTF09B.JPG

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Looks like you found your tank's center piece lmao, awesome background one of my aunts got the same background, defiantly looks great. Usually a tank with those dimensions members automatically go for rays....have a ray in mind? Lol or strictly a poly and gar tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store