The joys of working in a LFS...

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
So yesterday I got threatened over a $2.99 batta fish. I was being a nice guy until the very end when he threw his bag and told a fellow co worker he did not like my demeanor.
How would you deal with a guy who wants to put a clown fish in a batta bowl? and when you tell him that is a salt water fish he says,"so I can just add salt?" and then hassle me over trying to take his money because the salt at the store is just as good as the salt on our shelf. :nilly: I think I will start a blog with all the stupid people stories from LFS. :popcorn: instead of starting up yet another "when I was in the pet store I saw" thread.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
jlennon

The joys of working in a LFS...
So yesterday I got threatened over a $2.99 batta fish. I was being a nice guy until the very end when he threw his bag and told a fellow co worker he did not like my demeanor.
How would you deal with a guy who wants to put a clown fish in a batta bowl? and when you tell him that is a salt water fish he says,"so I can just add salt?" and then hassle me over trying to take his money because the salt at the store is just as good as the salt on our shelf. I think I will start a blog with all the stupid people stories from LFS. instead of starting up yet another "when I was in the pet store I saw" thread.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wait a sec.....Nemo's a sat water fish!!!!! No wonder the movie made no sense to me.
Hahahaha....I had a similar situation back when I worked at a pet store.

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
So after being at work for not even ten minutes yesterday two ladies brought their road rage into my shop. I jumped in to get them out of the shop which the one woman turned her frustration on me. The woman who "caused" the situation actually defused and walked away. Leaving me with the other lady who was completely off her rocker. She said some completely nasty things to me. I responded with I don't want your money or her problems. She then threatened to call the po po on me to tell them I was a "*^{hole". Said your wasting my time you need to leave. She then asked to talk to my boss who was standing there(speechless) said I want you to leave too.
The worst part of these situations is there are kids. In both my confrontations the individual had a child running around the whole time. WTF.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

canadian.fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2012
ontario
Haha funny i just read this today. I was at my lfs today and was talking to the girl about theclown they have and she said thats a daily where people pick up betta bowls and then ask for "that fish"

jlennon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2008
Delaware
Two days without getting attacked!!! So a fallow up with the customer wanted clown fish in a batta bowl. I get to work yesterday and my boss says I got to talk to your buddy today. Aprently the guy called and tried pulling the race card on my boss. I am a white guy who had a problem with a black guys attitude therefore its racism. Bull#*>{! I am a LFS employee who had a problem with a rude customer.
I kicked him out of the store, told him he was acting as a good role model for his child and he threatened to beat my punk ***. Whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store