Identify please

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Wait, you live in La Mirada?? Where is this LFS?? I would drive a bit to get a couple of these guys.... :)

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
If you want Mangrove Jacks, there is a place in Garden Grove that has them. And a lot of other crazy exotic random stuff...like no cookie cutter fish, all unique and typically rare and hard to find.

robnin2002

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
la mirada,ca
If you want Mangrove Jacks, there is a place in Garden Grove that has them. And a lot of other crazy exotic random stuff...like no cookie cutter fish, all unique and typically rare and hard to find.
The store ur speaking of is BIG SAVE. He gets fish from my importers. He is double the price of what i get the fish at. I paid $20 last year for mangroves that size. Hes asking $40. No thnx ill pass lol thanks for the heads up though lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
You bought a mangrove last year and have all these importers but you still asked the guy at the LFS if the caquetaia myeri was a mangrove. Id'e think you would know what one looks like?

Rob, definitely worth checking out if you want to see some fish not normally carried at other LFS. And maybe he is more expensive than buying directly from the importer, but certainly not overpriced. And you don't have to wait for a third party to get you the fish, if it is there and you like it, you buy it, and take it home.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Sound like an interesting place.I tried looking it up to see if they had a site and if they possibly ship and found a little info on them...seems to be a dollar store/aquarium shop?

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Sound like an interesting place.I tried looking it up to see if they had a site and if they possibly ship and found a little info on them...seems to be a dollar store/aquarium shop?
Ya, that's exactly it. A crazy dollar store with a section of it selling tropical fish. I found a webpage where it looks like they attempted to sell stuff from their store online, including fish, so they might ship. I guess you would have to call and ask about what they have or if they would ship. Again, you could ask Robnin2002 since he can get all the same fish for half price. Good Luck ;)

http://www.bbsave.com/default.aspx
http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-sav-discount-store-garden-grove

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
LOL,good call out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store