my convicts once again breed.

jaws19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Clarkston MI
well i got my self into this mess. :nilly:i came home from school today to find my female convict very aggresive, i looked around and saw that there was a pit under my flower pot plus a very clean pot on the inside. the male is aggresive as well. i can see the females breeding tube and i think they will mate within 6 hours. buts thats just a guess. :D just tought id share with all of you.

jaws19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Clarkston MI
yes by the way im selling him for sure now.

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
kyle the breeding tube from my expeirience doesnt mean that it will hapen quickly my GT once had her breeding tube down for a week and a half. but it will happen soon. if there are no eggs yet then you should seperate the male from the female.

jaws19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Clarkston MI
what do you mean seperate? i want them to breed and right now there dancing. so its within 12 hours tops. because my females breeding tube comes a few hours befor spawning.

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
i meant, well i thought u, ok i thought u meant it was a bad thing that ur convicts were breeding ok:nilly:

jaws19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2006
Clarkston MI
nonono it awsome when they breed its more free food.

wizzin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
East of Pittsburgh
Usually, my female "shows" almost a week before they lay. They're like clockwork now. It's always in the evening about 8:30pm. I always know the day because in the morning when I make my rounds, the two will be inside their "pot" instead of out running around. They must sit in there all day until night time and then lay the eggs. I've been thinking about it and I think I might try to raise this batch artificially. They're due to spawn in about a week now. The female is showing so it looks like another clockwork spawn.

Incidentally, a pair of firemouths in a different tank on the same system are on almost the same breeding frequency. They usually spawn a week after the convicts. I might try to raise them too. All my breeders in this system are still fairly young so they just eat the eggs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store