convict breeding situations

aznxcalikid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
california
my male convict used to chase the female around endlessly but now it does it whenever it wants to. she can get closer to him without being chased away as much? does this mean anything?

will my female convict breed with a male that has previously beaten the **** out of her?

if they do breed will they do it while there are 5 larger red parrots in there?

my 3 convicts are very submissive towards my two female auratus even though the two auratus dont bother them much except chase them away once in a while. i moved the the two auratus out but if i put them back in, will the convicts learn to be agressive towards the auratus during spawning time? basically will they breed in the presence of more agressive fish?

and what are signs that my two convicts are starting to accept each other.

Arial_Sky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
usa
aznxcalikid;1264232;1264232 said:
my male convict used to chase the female around endlessly but now it does it whenever it wants to. she can get closer to him without being chased away as much? does this mean anything?

will my female convict breed with a male that has previously beaten the **** out of her?

if they do breed will they do it while there are 5 larger red parrots in there?

my 3 convicts are very submissive towards my two female auratus even though the two auratus dont bother them much except chase them away once in a while. i moved the the two auratus out but if i put them back in, will the convicts learn to be agressive towards the auratus during spawning time? basically will they breed in the presence of more agressive fish?

and what are signs that my two convicts are starting to accept each other.
Once she's ready, she'll let him know

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
I've bred convicts in 10g tanks...and even those 5g buckets from Home Depot.....Cons are fish whore and will breed at 1/2 inch sizes(I've done it)....

aznxcalikid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
california
should i move the convict eggs out because i got 2 oscars, 5 red parrots, a bichir, and a green terror and they might eat them. or will the convicts do a good job at protecting them. will the freeswimming fry spread out or stay as a group b/c its a 25 gal.

Kogo

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
South Florida
dude relax... just wait a few days and see what happens. convicts are the easyest fish in the world to breed so if the fry dont live, just put the convicts by themselves dim the lights and play some music... theyll spawn again. soon you will have more convicts than you ever dreamed of!

TrickRacin

Feeder Fish
Sep 26, 2007
Monticello, IA
I have three paired off in a 29 with some rocks for hiding. They breed all the time but never have a fry servive. If they do they go to my oscar's tank and that ends em....they have eggs prolly every two weeks. Don't worry they will do it again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store