My 300 Gallon Tank - Finally !!!

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
It is filtered by a 200+ gallon wet/dry, and also a soon to be added Ocean Clear (317 & 340) and Pentair 40 watt UV closed loop system.

This is will full lighting on. I now have this set for 4pm to 8pm

My volcano is made with a Cypress Knee, bubbles and a red led Hydor light.

This is the regular daylighting. This is from 6am-4pm and then again from 8pm to 9:30pm
If you look closely I have a green led Hydor light inside the belly of the ship.

Here is the moonlighting. 9:30pm to 6am
There are 7 settings. The first three are what I leave it on which is the 5th highest.
The final picture is on 7.

The Sydney Opera house is in there because that is the first every aquarium decoration that I ever bought back when I first began this hobby with a 20L. Kind of a sentimental item.

The white PVC outlet on the upper right is an experimental piece. I'll build a permanent one and paint it blue. I'm experimenting with how deep to have it.

I also probably should have turned off the living room lights for the regular daytime lighting, looks like I've got some reflections happening.

Tonight I'll get new ones for that lighting.

Now see if you can find all 20 Tiger Barbs. :D
Those guys are a blast to watch in a tank this size!!

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
Congrats! Looking good, I've been keeping an eye on this, and rooting for you for a long time. I can't remember what you were going to stock it with LOl

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
Thanks!

Two Oscars will be the main attraction. Then probably Pictus Cats, Clown Loachs, Electric Blue and Yellow Chiclids, Severums, Silver Dollars, maybe an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.

I'm still not 100% decided but I do know I'll end up with one Red Tiger Oscar and One Albino Tiger Oscar.

Will be interesting to see how long the plants last. :)

Peter McFarlane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
London
How do you manage to get the rocks to balance on the wood? Is it siliconed on?

Love the tank, but the plant's look so fake

duke33

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
WV
Bud8Fan;1501640; said:
Thanks!

Two Oscars will be the main attraction. Then probably Pictus Cats, Clown Loachs, Electric Blue and Yellow Chiclids, Severums, Silver Dollars, maybe an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey.

I'm still not 100% decided but I do know I'll end up with one Red Tiger Oscar and One Albino Tiger Oscar.

Will be interesting to see how long the plants last. :)
Are you getting baby O's?

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
Thanks all!

The plants look so fake because they are. :)
I imagine they won't last long when the Oscars get older.
There is on in the front that glows when the moonlights are on. That one is coming out. :)

The rocks are just balanced on the wood to hold it down as it would float otherwise.

And yes baby O's. I want to be able to watch them grow and develope personalities.
Actually everything I stock will start off as babies.

I currently have two baby Pictus Cats that are about an inch long and just starting to get spots in my 10 gallon tank. And just added a baby Red Tail Shark to the 10. These will be the first additions to the 300 once the Barbs have it cycled.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store