Lungfish ID

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Looks like a really nice P. annectens to me.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I had mine with tankmates for a bit...99% of the time it was ok...but that 1% where he bit another fish, well, no more fish lol. Now he lives by himself, it was getting expensive.

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
i doubt the fish is terribly overpriced for being in iceland, global context must be taken into account :)

this is one of the best P.annectens (west african lungfish) i have seen in a long time. definitely a great specimen if you're willing to fork over the $$.

also note that all African lungfishes are best kept alone as they will randomly and unpredictably attack/kill tankmates of all shapes and sizes--
--solomon

Andri Pogo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2007
Iceland
ok thanks, so you get a better idea of the price here, the price for that lung is around the same price a 6-8" silver arowana would cost

Its tempting to get it since im emptying a 4feet tank in a rack, in the other tanks i have some channas and a 28" amphuima salamander. Would look good to have the lung there as well (in a tank all be itself ofcourse)

Are lungs active and swimming around? the tank is 4' but its shallow, only just over 1' deep.

GriF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2006
Netherlands
DAMN..I'm with Solomon...this Annectens looks stunning...I'm not a great annectens fan...but if I would love to own one that looked like this one...just get it, can go a while in the 4 ft tank...but make sure U get it a bigger one in the future....because it can grow real fast..

And when you get it give us regular updates with pictures while it grows...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store