best DIY vivarium/terrarium forum?

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
I asked this in the DIY section, but figured i'd try it here. I'm looking for a forum that is in depth about reptiles, as MFK is about fish. I want a forum that has DIY vivariums and terrariums, paludariums etc.

I know alot of the same principles are the same as DIY aquariums, but those that aren't into fish and only into their reptiles/amphibeans are more likely to have their own forum somewhere.

I'm hoping the brass here doesn't mind my looking for a seperate forum, but dont think I have to worry. MFK only has this forum for reptiles etc, and nothing dedicated to the building of vivariums/terrariums.

What's the best forum for that? What other forums do you guys use for reptiles/amphibeans and mainly for vivarium pics?

thanks so much everyone.

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
i've been on that site, and while it looks promising, there's only 200 active members...only the top 4 or 5 posts are from this month. sorta slow i think. of course i signed up anyway :)

any other forums? what else do you guys use for your herps other than mfk?

and more importantly, why the hell dont we have MHK? :D

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
There's a DIY section at the kingsnake.com boards, but kingsnake in general isn't as active as it once was. I think people just don't like the old-fashioned interface.

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
i used to use them alot, but snakes aren't my thing and i got bored with being told how great they are constantly...

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
oh yah, i'm already there, but it's just my experience that people that are typically not into fish wont use a fish forum as their staple forum.

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
i understand. however there are many people that never were into fish and therefore dont know that this community is the best on the intertubez!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store