Help! sharp picture inside

Maduro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2008
NY
I've never seen this in any of the Jaguars I've owned. At first I thought she was ready to drop eggs but now she's stopped eating and this thing I thought was an egg tube is looking like intestine! Anybody have any ideas? Very clean water, mostly beef heart cubes, night crawlers and pellet diet with the occasional goldfish.

I put some epson salt in the tank today to see if it would help.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

Pyramid_Party

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2008
Monterey, CA
I dont know. Maybe someone else could help. If you go to the stickies though, there is some disease descriptions with pics and other info. Its worth checking out.

I kinda recall some other people reporting a problem like this before, and I think they were told not to feed the fish for a few days or something. But I am not sure.

cichlid2006

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2008
Fife - Scotland
i cant remember the name of it, prolapse i think, but try some shelled peas to get its digestive system going. cut down but preferably stop the meat, feeders and beefheart these arent good for fish anyway. beefheart should be used as a very occasional treat if you insist on using it but certainly not as part of the staple diet.
stick to a good pellet staple and frozen foods like bloodworm/blackworm and live crickets/worms. im introducing spirinula based pellets for my midevil to keep his digestive system in check even though his staple is hikari now. maybe consider something similar once or twice a week to keep the jags digestive system healthy.
if that doesnt work then im sure lupin or someone with more illness knowledge will pitch in.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Internal organ prolapse. Epsom salts work better as a dip than being added to the tank.

aas2309

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2009
merrillville IN
it looks like a hemmroid (sp) it usually happens from over feeding.... feeding goldfish will worsen it (happen to my friends flowerhorn) do a H2O change add some salt and try to get it on pellets or less night crawlers

ECarbonel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
yep thats a hemorrhoid. increase your temp add salt and keep water clean... it will go away just keep the water super clean

Waldo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Spokane WA
by any chance is there a pair in there? I wouldn't say it's the ovipositer but something is inflamed. Possibly too much fishy sex.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store