my new stand for 8x2x2

bigcol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne/ UK
heres afew pics of the stand i just built for my 8x2x2, enjoy updates soon for ya all :headbang2
i intend on building around the whole setup with acsess from the back of the tank so it gives the illusion that the tank is built into the wall, so should look very cool.

Image011.jpg

Image012.jpg

Image016.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image024.jpg

BMueller777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Northern New Jersey
bigcol;2746386; said:
bump............no comments, im suprised to see no interest or veiws
Nice stand :D I'd love to make my own stand/canapoy but living in an apartment kinda impeeds that form happening lol

Not to judge or anything but just vertical supports may pose a problem when/if someone bumps into the tank... Ever think of adding cross supports in the back?

bigcol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne/ UK
BMueller777;2746413; said:
Nice stand :D I'd love to make my own stand/canapoy but living in an apartment kinda impeeds that form happening lol

Not to judge or anything but just vertical supports may pose a problem when/if someone bumps into the tank... Ever think of adding cross supports in the back?
yeah ive thought about extra supports but as im buildin a false wall around the whole tank i think i might not need them so i will build the wall 1st then see how strong it is. Thanks for the input m8

steevee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Philippines
Nice looking stand, I too am tinkering with the idea of making a wooden stand to house a large sized tank but i'm planning the bottom part to be more functional (maybe one portion be built as a display case) ... i need to compromise first with my wife before proceeding with any plans on the tank and stand.

Thanks for sharing and giving me an idea on how it can be done. :)

bigcol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2008
Newcastle Upon Tyne/ UK
steevee;2748011; said:
Nice looking stand, I too am tinkering with the idea of making a wooden stand to house a large sized tank but i'm planning the bottom part to be more functional (maybe one portion be built as a display case) ... i need to compromise first with my wife before proceeding with any plans on the tank and stand.

Thanks for sharing and giving me an idea on how it can be done. :)
no probs m8, im adding some L brackets to each corner for extra support and yeah i could also use any part of the bottom for storage but as i will have total acsess from the back of the tank i dont need to.

i am building a partition wall all around the tank so it will be enclosed into the wall :). Your welcome m8, thats what MFK is here for, to share our ideas and help people :thumbsup:.

Oh and welcome to MFK dude

hope u can talk the wife around to ur plans, keep us updated on ur progress :D

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
You do good work and this is an enterprising project.

Rethink the lateral supports as your working with 6000lbs that can corkscrew into the ground if not properly supported and may just rip away from a false wall. Check out some of the other large stands on here for bracing ideas.

This is going to be a sweet addition to your home too.

To mess with people put a mirror front under the tank, it gives the illusion of being open underneath. ;)

Keep us the good work & postings,

Dr Joe

cambo01

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
chesterfield uk
flowiej;2748039; said:
I see alot of ppl making there own stands. I want to but I dont to afraid it collaps.
i thaught that to so my stand for my 4x2x2 has more bracing than that:D i went for overkill just to be safe

Dr Joe;2748184; said:
You do good work and this is an enterprising project.

Rethink the lateral supports as your working with 6000lbs that can corkscrew into the ground if not properly supported and may just rip away from a false wall. Check out some of the other large stands on here for bracing ideas.

This is going to be a sweet addition to your home too.

To mess with people put a mirror front under the tank, it gives the illusion of being open underneath. ;)

Keep us the good work & postings,

Dr Joe

that would look so good!

i might have to try that

flyin lizard

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2007
New York, Dutchess Cty
I would run a diagonal braces in the corners front and rear then one on the sides , that way it will not twist and your center sections are still open for access front and back. Still a very good looking job...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store