4ft long Bristle Worm!!

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
CRAZY:screwy:

(April 2) - Staff at a British aquarium have captured a massive sea worm that had been terrorizing other aquatic life.
For months, the 4-foot-long creature -- which staffers call "Barry" -- had been devastating coral reef at Newquay's Blue Reef Aquarium, the Daily Mail newspaper reported Tuesday. The menacing monster also apparently injured a Tang fish.Initially, aquarium workers weren't sure what was harming the coral, which in some cases was cut in half. After weeks with no clues, they decided to take the display apart to see if they could find the culprit, the Mail reported.
Workers laid bait traps, which were mysteriously destroyed in the night, as the glutton apparently devoured the fish hooks right along with the bait. Finally, staffers spotted the tropical worm, which bit through a 20-pound fishing line before staffers were able to successfully remove it from the tank. The creature is covered with nasty bristles that sting and can cause permanent numbness in humans, the newspaper said.
"It really does look like something out of a horror movie," Matt Slater, the aquarium's curator, told the Mail. "It's over 4 feet long with these bizarre-looking jaws."
Slater said he suspects Barry arrived as a baby in a shipment from another aquarium. The worm now lives in his own tank.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
check out li's thread on this. it has pics. it is huge and nasty!

Stingray12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Saranac Lake, NY
heres the pic

Billy the kid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
OBX N.C
That is a beast............................

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
Are you friggin kidding me?? That is just nasty. I wouldn't even want to put my hand in the tank...

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
I think that things pretty sweet looking! Its nice they put it in its own tank instead of killing it....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store