mata mata enclosure

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
here are some pics of my mata mata tank that I have FINALLY finished messing with. It is stocked with 2 Pbass, a royal clown knife, a common pleco, some random crayfish, and of course the mata mata. everyone seems to be getting along fine. tell me what you think...

DSC_4418.JPG

DSC_4421.JPG

DSC_4417.JPG

DSC_4412.JPG

christank4mfk.jpg

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Water is way too deep for mata mata.
It's probably going to eat your fish too.

k7q

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2008
S
that matamata is huge. im been looking forever for a good deal on one.

nice

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
the mata mata has a raised area on top of the cinder blocks that he usually hangs out on to get air, and he is doing very well in the tank. He has also been in this tank with the same fish for about 2 months and as long as he is well fed, there will not be any problems with him (not to mention the fish are too big to be swallowed whole which is the only way they eat.)

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Enjoy having your fish bitten in half.. and having an un-happy mata..

AFRO-thunder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Austria
www.unet.univie.ac.at
The tank looks very nicely decorated! It only seems a little narrow. Can the mata even stretch out on the smaller side of the tank? By the way: It's definitely NO problem for the mata if the water level's that high - in contrary it is very good. People who caught mata matas by snorkeling told me that they hang out in water depths of 2-3 metres, not in shallow water.

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
why cant you just lower the water level

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store