Rio Tapajos Biotope...

abhishek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
India
Dear Friends,
I am planning for a Rio Tapajos blackwaer biotope wih Geophagus Red Head Tapajos and lemon tetra.It would be very kind of you if you can list some other inhabitants of the biotope for I strictly want it to be of the same biotope......

edburress

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2009
Auburn, Alabama
Sounds like a nice plan, there are plenty of options! However, the Rio Tapajós is a clearwater river.

Others from there...

Geophagus altifrons
Geophagus cf. altiftons
Geophagus sp. "Tapajós II"
Satanoperca jurupari
Satanoperca acuticeps
Dicrossus maculatus
Laetacara curviceps
Taeniocara candidi
Crenicichla regani
Apistogramma pertensis
Apistogramma gephyra
Apistogramma agassizii
Heros efasciatus

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Also Laetacara araguaiae aka sp. 'buckelkopf' and several pikes that wouldn't work well with the geo's ...

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Listen to my man Ed!!! How ya been by the way?! Got some Geo Winemilleri on order! PM me when you get a chance.

Abhishek,
Whats your tap water readings?
Do you use RO?

abhishek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
India
Thanx for all these info guys..But it isn't Rio Tapajos that I am going to do...well it had been a bad week for me.The new 120gal tank that I bought from my friend had cracked.So have to continue with my 55 gal tank atleast for 6 months till I get enough money to buy a brand new tank..In the mean while didn't get hold of any geos.But surprisingly saw some juvenile balzaniis out here in one hobbyists house.He had kept them at 27 degree centigrade and they are also breeding.The male was huge and about 7 inches.So without any haste paid him a handsome amount for 3 juveniles.1 male and two females.I hope I can raise them for they are used to the hot climate of I ndia.What other species from paraguay can I keep along with these gymnogeos.Please advice me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store